Mission and Goal Statement
A. The mission of the Evansdale Public
B. The general library goals of the Evansdale Public
1. To serve all residents of the community and the surrounding region.
2. To acquire and make available to all residents of the above area such books, periodicals, pamphlets, and other services as will address their needs to a) become well informed, b) locate answers to important questions, c) cultivate the imagination and creative expression, d) develop skills for career and vocational advancement, and e) enjoy leisure by means of reading and other media services.
3. To acquire the means to provide the most frequently requested material locally and upon demand.
4. To maintain a program of service which locates information, guides reading, organizes and interprets material for people of various backgrounds, and stimulates thinking and intellectual development in individuals of any age.
5. To strive consistently to discover new methods and improvements for better service for the library's customers.
6. To review regularly these goals of the Evansdale Public
Adopted October 1996
- Amended February 2002
- Approved August 2006
- Approved November 2009
- Approved September 2016