Our library is connected to other libraries throughout the state and nation. If you can't find an item in this library, ask library staff to help you get it from another library.
Interlibrary loan is a transaction in which library material or a copy of the material is made available by one library to another. The purpose of this system is to address the information needs of patrons beyond the current collection of the Evansdale Public Library.
In accordance with the ILL policy of the Evansdale Public Library, the library implements the following procedures to ensure efficient operation of this service:
- The number of ILL requests may not exceed more than 6 per month, and not exceed more than 3 at one time per patron.
- Cost of ILL requests exceeding 6 per month will be $.50 per item to offset postage
- Requests for renewal of materials are permitted, however, the request must be made one week prior to the due date and must be granted by the individual lending libraries.
- All patrons are eligible for ILL services provided they have no history of excessively late or damaged materials and their account is in good standing.
- Borrowing privileges may be suspended temporarily until overdue or damaged materials are replaced or fines are paid.
- ILL request forms must be filled out clearly and completely. Requests will be filed electronically to ensure prompt delivery. However, borrowers can expect a 2-6 week delivery time, although usually it's much quicker.
- Requests are subject to policy and submission of a request does not guarantee retrieval.
- The due date on ILL materials may be one week prior to the lending library's due date to allow time for return shipment.
- Any patron who orders materials through ILL services and does not check them out more than 3 times in any six month period will be assessed a fine to cover the cost of postage for said materials and/or may have ILL use privileges suspended for a six month period.
Check the SILO Locator for a book's availability elsewhere here and then request through the library in person, over the phone or by email!